DNA Monthly (Vol. 9, No. 5)
September-October 2013 (Vol. 9, No. 5)
BREAKING NEWS: DOCTORS ARE SCHIZOPHRENIC ACCORDING TO DSM-5
The DSM-5 diagnostic criteria are so poorly written, vague and subjective that we all qualify for a variety of mental diagnoses, depending on the spin we use to describe our situation—or the spin in the mind of the one doing the diagnosis.
In fact, many doctors absolutely qualify. Let’s take a look at the official DSM-5 criteria for schizophrenia.
There are five. You must have at least two of the five to qualify. At least one of the two must be among the first three. Symptoms must be experienced for at least a month before an official diagnosis can be secured. That’s the way this game show works.
According to the DSM-5, a delusion is a false belief based on an incorrect inference about external reality that is held firmly in spite of overwhelming evidence to the contrary.
As examples …
• The delusion that medication with disastrous side effects improves your health;
• The delusion that patients can be properly served in 10 minutes or less;
• The delusion the doctor is under when he says, “It’s all in your head”;
• Or the one that doctors are God.
According to the DSM-5, a hallucination is a perception-like experience with the clarity and impact of a true perception.
A doctor’s primary hallucination is the patient. He thinks he is perceiving a patient with a set of symptoms. Then, he sees those symptoms in his mind and wants to attack them.
What is actually in front of him is a whole person with a life of his or her own, complete with a personal history, wants and dreams, emotions and relationships. The doc misses this reality in favor of the hallucinated patient and set of symptoms.
3. Disorganized Speech or Incoherence
Ever heard a doc try to explain what is going on inside your body? You might blame your lack of understanding on a lack education in medical matters.
The truth is, however, you are intelligent enough to understand your body. The doctor’s incoherence comes from inept communication skills.
4. Grossly Disorganized or Catatonic Behavior
I’d call cutting off the wrong leg disorganized behavior. Docs are notorious for doing this, as well as removing the wrong organs and treating the wrong person for the right disease.
When teams of docs work together, the lack of organization and incoherence is compounded to life-threatening levels.
5. Negative Symptoms, such as Diminished Emotional Expression
Diminished emotional expression? I don’t even need to explain this one.
To paraphrase a line from Patch Adams: We are going to train the humanity right out of you and turn you into something better. You are going to become doctors!
NOTE TO DOCTORS: If this articles offends you, then your resistance may be evidence that you are in denial of your mental illness. I suggest you see a psychiatrist and get on meds. The anti-psychotics will make you gain 300 pounds and walk around like a zombie. Just remember, though, the medicine is here for a reason.
Copyright © 2013 Mike Bundrant. All Rights Reserved
[Mike Bundrant is co-founder of the iNLP Center and host of “Mental Health Exposed,” a Natural News Radio program. Follow him on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/mikebundrant for daily personal development tips.]
FEATURED IN THE SEPTEMBER-OCTOBER 2013 ISSUE OF DNA MONTHLY
1. “Thirty-three Pieces of Good News that Suggest the World Is Changing for the Better,” by Sol Luckman
2. “High on Health: CBD in the Food Supply,” by Allan Badiner
3. “The Ten False Assumptions of Modern Science,” by Mike Adams
4. “Become a Quantum Activist,” by Ross Pittman
Featured Video … The Synchronicity Key: Part I
1. Thirty-three Pieces of Good News that Suggest the World Is Changing for the Better
Whether you’re getting your news from the mainstream monopoly press or alternative venues, you’ve probably realized by now that, these days, good news is hard to come by.
This doesn’t mean there isn’t any good news. Below, I demonstrate there most certainly is. So why, comparatively speaking, is so little reported?
Two reasons. First, with some exceptions, mainstream outlets are basically propaganda divisions for what Benjamin Fulford likes to call the “Federal Reserve Crime Syndicate,” also known as the Elites, the One Percent, the Cabal, and other names.
It’s their job, literally, to confuse, obfuscate, divert, distract, deflate, fearmonger, warmonger, divide, and conquer.
As for alternative news providers, ever since the dawn of Wikileaks, and continuing with a vengeance with Edward Snowden’s revelations, frankly, there has simply been a ton of bad news to report.
Herein lies both danger and promise. The danger: that hope is crushed and activism is silenced by the tsunami of scary truths surfacing daily from every single one of our formerly trusted institutions.
The promise: that this truth tsunami succeeds in galvanizing the people to dig deep, find their inner civil disobedient, stand firm and united, and demand change through concerted, nonviolent action.
I believe the latter is happening more than the former—and that the tide of public awareness is now turning decidedly against those who would seek to harm and enslave humanity.
It’s only a matter of time before a series of highly positive disclosures and changes erupts into even mainstream headlines and begins replacing the tired old doom-and-gloom script used by the Cabal to make us feel hopeless and powerless.
As a public service, I’ve been documenting positive news developments in a couple of different ways.
For starters, I’ve written two recent articles on reasons to have hope despite what seems on the surface to be unmitigated chaos engulfing our world.
In Hope or Hopium? The Importance of Being Imminent, I examine current events through the lens of what I believe is a massive societal transformation—one that is well underway and growing daily—occasioned energetically by the completion of an important cosmic cycle.
David Wilcock elaborates on this subject in tremendous detail through original scholarship in his inspiring new book, The Synchronicity Key, which I highly recommend to anyone wanting to grasp the larger context for planetary events now unfolding.
My other article on a similar subject, Twelve Reasons to Have Hope in These Dark Times, goes into specifics that should inspire optimism—even in the face of our current challenges.
Today I wish to share even more hopeful developments and discoveries which, at the very least, show there are powerful positive forces at work producing real results that could coalesce into a genuine social revolution (hopefully of a peaceful sort) sooner rather later.
So, without further ado, here we go …
1. HUMAN BRAINS ARE HARDWIRED FOR EMPATHY, FRIENDSHIP. Perhaps one of the most defining features of humanity is our capacity for empathy—the ability to put ourselves in others’ shoes. A new University of Virginia study strongly suggests we are hardwired to empathize because we closely associate people who are close to us—friends, spouses, lovers—with our very selves.
2. INTERNET ARCHITECTS PLAN COUNTER-ATTACK ON NSA SNOOPING. Techies have started to fight back against US and UK snooping programs by drawing up an ambitious plan to defend traffic over the web against mass surveillance. The proposal is a system in which all communication between websites and browsers would be shielded by encryption. While the plan is at an early stage, it has the potential to transform a large part of the Internet.
3. HEDGE FUNDS, INSIDER TRADERS DUMPING MONSANTO STOCK AS DOOMED REALITY OF GMOS SINKS IN ACROSS WALL STREET. Monsanto is at war with humanity and the planet, but humanity will achieve victory against this evil corporate force of death and destruction. It is already happening in the marketplace and in the minds and hearts of millions of activists who stand in solidarity against corporate evil. Spread the word about not just avoiding GMOs but also avoiding owning Monsanto stock.
4. DAVID WILCOCK: US MILITARY ALLIANCE DEFEATING FEDERAL RESERVE. Dramatic new evidence reveals that a secret alliance of US military personnel are working to expose and defeat the Federal Reserve—and the occult Cabal of bankers and industrialists who run it.
5. SURVEY FINDS THAT ALMOST NO ONE THINKS WE ARE WINNING THE WAR ON DRUGS. A new Rasmussen Reports survey confirms what most of us already know: the war on drugs is an abject failure and almost everyone realizes it.
6. HIGH TIMES: US ALLOWS STATES TO LEGALIZE RECREATIONAL MARIJUANA WITHIN LIMITS. In a move marijuana advocates hailed as a historic shift, the Obama administration just began giving US states wide leeway to experiment with pot legalization and started by letting Colorado and Washington carry out new laws permitting recreational use.
7. SCIENTISTS NOW 3D-PRINTING EMBRYONIC STEM CELLS. Scientists in Edinburgh have recently had success 3D-printing embryonic stem cells. This breakthrough could end the need for animal drug testing for organ donation and for acquiring embryonic stem cells.
8. OCCUPY HOMES. Occupy Madison, part of the global Occupy movement, is building tiny homes in the city of Madison, Wisconsin, for the homeless people who live there.
9. DOLPHINS GRANTED PERSONHOOD BY GOVERNMENT OF INDIA. Dolphins have been granted “non-human personhood” status by the government of India, making India the first nation in the world to recognize the unique intelligence and self-awareness of the cetacean order.
10. EINSTEIN’S CIRCLE OF COMPASSION. Abby Martin gives offers a heartfelt perspective on Einstein’s “Circle of Compassion” by reflecting on how to balance personal stability with the plight of humanity through establishing a sense of global empathy.
11. EXPONENTIAL GLOBALIST AGENDA FORCING CONSCIOUS REVOLUTION TO ACCELERATE. There is a strange feeling in the air. People everywhere are being pushed to make critical decisions about their perception of the world they live in. The speed of events is being artificially manipulated by the globalists, who evidently realize that time is running out.
12. HUGE VICTORIES ACHIEVED AGAINST GMOS, BIG PHARMA & ANIMAL CRUELTY. More and more, our collective activism is reshaping the world economy to punish criminal corporations and demand transparency on topics like GMOs, drug patents, animal cruelty and more. And though we may have lost some battles, we are winning the war on every front!
13. YOUR THOUGHTS CAN RELEASE ABILITIES BEYOND NORMAL LIMITS. Thinking that we are limited is itself a limiting factor. There is accumulating evidence that suggests our thoughts are often capable of extending our cognitive and physical limits.
14. ISRAEL SUSPENDS WATER FLUORIDATION CITING HEALTH CONCERNS. The popularity of poisonous water fluoridation continues to plummet, with an entire country pulling the plug on the unhealthy practice in one fell swoop.
15. NO TO KILLER DRONES: UN CHIEF CALLS FOR UAV SURVEILLANCE USE ONLY. UN chief Ban Ki-moon, such as he is, said drones should be used for surveillance only, and those countries using armed UAVs must act within international law. Ban delivered his comments in Pakistan, where US drone strikes have killed thousands, including many civilians.
16. MASSIVE GLOBAL COALITION TAKES STAND AGAINST ORWELLIAN SPY STATE. Dozens of organizations in the US and around the world—more than a hundred—are taking a stand against the kind of widespread, invasive electronic surveillance being conducted against Americans and citizens of other countries by our unconstitutional spy agencies.
17. JUDGE REJECTS NEW YORK’S STOP-AND-FRISK POLICY. A federal judge has ruled that the stop-and-frisk tactics of the New York Police Department violated the constitutional rights of minorities in the city, repudiating a major element in the Bloomberg administration’s fascist legacy.
18. MEGA TO RUN “CUTTING-EDGE” ENCRYPTED EMAIL AFTER LAVABIT’S “PRIVACY SEPPUKU.” Kim Dotcom’s Mega.co.nz is working on a highly secure email service to run on a non-US-based server. It comes as the US squeezes email providers that offer encryption. Mega’s CEO calls Lavabit’s shutdown an “honorable act of Privacy Seppuku.”
19. SO MUCH FOR THE ONE PERCENT: NEW STUDY SHOWS SELFISH TRAITS ARE NOT FAVORED BY EVOLUTION. Research suggests humans and animals could not evolve in a cooperative environment by being selfish. In other words, evolution does not favor selfish people. This new information challenges a previous theory which suggested it was preferable to put yourself first. Instead, it pays to be cooperative.
20. THE ASTOUNDING FAILURE RATE OF EMPIRES: The salient points are almost always the same: gross government spending, a debased currency, costly foreign military campaigns, burdensome regulations. In almost every instance, “elites” think they should control the system. Yet history is clear: societies that organize themselves in this way suffer a 100% failure rate, without exception.
21. AUSSIES BLOW LID OFF BP GULF OIL-COREXIT DEATHS, COVER-UP. Australia’s 60 MINUTES national television program has become the first major media outlet to expose the truth about BP’s oil and Corexit: that the petrochemical-military-industrial complex (PMIC) carpet-bombed Americans along the Gulf of Mexico coast and caused illness and deaths amounting to a “health catastrophe.”
22. THE SUPERMARKET WHERE YOU PICK YOUR OWN PRODUCE. As collective interest in food origins continues to increase, getting one step closer to the source is a privilege. Ben Greene wants to tighten that gap even further with the Farmery, an all-in-one greenhouse and local food mart that will offer urbanites the opportunity to harvest their favorite greens on the spot.
23. WORLD BANK WHISTLEBLOWER KAREN HUDES. This is a wide-ranging discussion covering Karen’s time at the World Bank and what led her to blow the whistle. Topics include worldwide corruption widened to include governments, the overall monetary system, the manipulation of the dollar, the need to replace the current fiat system with a gold or asset-backed currency and the plans of the Cabal to create chaos.
24. NYC ALLOWS DOCTORS TO PRESCRIBE FRESH FRUIT & VEGETABLES AS TREATMENT FOR OBESITY. It’s difficult to find examples of government doing anything that makes sense. That’s all the more reason why a program embraced by New York is newsworthy. Dubbed the “Fruit and Vegetables Prescription Program,” it allows doctors to “prescribe” fresh fruit and vegetables to overweight patients by giving them “Health Bucks” redeemable at local farmer’s markets.
25. CONGRESSMAN PUSHES TO ABOLISH PATRIOT ACT. Rep. Rush Holt (D-NJ) has introduced legislation that would abolish the Patriot Act. The Surveillance State Repeal Act is aimed to undo not only the Patriot Act but also the parts of the 2008 amendment to the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA) that gives the government backdoor access to online electronic devices. Holt explains why he regrets passing the Patriot Act and what he hopes will change.
26. FINANCIAL TYRANNY EXPOSED BY MAINSTREAM RUSSIAN TV. It was the ultimate bank robbery—a sociopathic Cabal of insiders who dreamed up, and carried through with, the greatest crime in human history. Now it has been exposed for all to see.
27. LATIN AMERICA UNITED AGAINST US SPYING PROGRAM. Press TV conducts an interview with Michelle Steinberg about the anger rising in pro-US Latin American governments over US intelligence gathering against their countries disclosed by American whistleblower, Edward Snowden.
28. NEW “WATER CHIP” CAN DESALINATE SEAWATER WITH ELECTRICAL FIELD. An international team of chemists has introduced a new method for the desalination of seawater that consumes less energy and is dramatically simpler than conventional techniques.
29. 3D-PRINTED CAST THE FUTURE OF HEALING BONES? Called the Cortex cast, this new take on the plaster cast is a 3D-printed brace that follows the contours of the arm. Though still just a concept, Evill’s Cortex will be an injury-localized exoskeleton that is lightweight, washable, ventilated and recyclable. Not bad for a school project.
30. STATE LEGISLATURES ARE WAKING UP. Recent opinion polls demonstrate a deepening distrust of the federal government. That’s not an altogether bad thing. Our nation’s founders recognized that most human abuses are the result of government. As Thomas Paine said, “Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil.”
31. WORLD'S FIRST SOLAR-POWERED FAMILY CAR. Solar Team Eindhoven has set itself the goal of developing the car of the future. By combining aerodynamic design with lightweight materials like carbon and aluminum, a very fuel-efficient car has been designed, which also has ingenious applications like a LED strip and touchscreen that make all the buttons and knobs we know today superfluous.
32. CINCINNATI JUDGE ORDERS ALL SPEED CAMERAS CONFISCATED, MANUFACTURER HELD IN CONTEMPT. Chalk one up for privacy, at least in one part of the country. Traffic cameras have been a part of the urban scenery for years now, but in Elmwood Place—a suburb of Cincinnati—they are history.
33. HOW TO KEEP THE NSA OUT OF YOUR COMPUTER. The notion of an independent global Internet may still be a gleam in the eye of the meshers, but their visionary zeal is contagious. It harkens back to the early days of the digital universe, when the network consisted mostly of university scientists and researchers communicating among themselves without corporations sitting in the middle or government monitoring their chats. The goal then, as now, was connection and control: an Internet of one’s own.
Copyright © 2013 Sol Luckman. All Rights Reserved.
[Sol Luckman is a prolific visual artist and critically acclaimed author of fiction and nonfiction. His books include the international bestselling Conscious Healing: Book One on the Regenetics Method and its empowering sequel, Potentiate Your DNA: A Practical Guide to Healing & Transformation with the Regenetics Method. For information on the “revolutionary healing science” (Nexus) of the Regenetics Method, check out www.PhoenixRegenetics.org. View Sol’s paintings and learn more about his work at www.CrowRising.com.]
2. High on Health: CBD in the Food Supply
Endocannabinoids are naturally occurring compounds found in the human body. They’ve been there for 600,000 years or more, but we’ve only just noticed them!
One of the remarkable things about endocannabinoids is their striking similarity to the active ingredients of cannabis called phyto-cannabinoids.
In fact, it was the effort by scientists to understand the exact mechanism by which cannabis works in the body that led to the discovery of the endocannabinoid system little more than a decade ago.
The science of endocannabinoid medicine has progressed to a dizzying degree in the past few years. There is wider awareness that the endocannabinoid system is the largest neurotransmitter system in the human body, regulating relaxation, eating, sleeping, memory, and, as noted by Italian scientist Vincenzo Di Marzo, even our immune system.
Cannabinoids promote homeostasis, the maintenance of a stable internal environment despite external fluctuations, at every level of biological life, from the subcellular to the organism.
For example, endocannabinoids are now understood as the source of runner’s high. Endocannabinoids naturally found in human breast milk, which are vital for proper human development, have virtually identical effects as cannabinoids found in the cannabis plant.
Amazingly, the mechanism at work after smoking or eating cannabis, when adults get the “munchies,” is essentially the same as what causes breastfeeding babies to seek protein-rich milk.
Universally accepted following its discovery in 1995, the endocannabinoid system asserts it power to heal and balance the other systems of the body by turning on or off the expression of genes.
Cannabinoids hold the key that unlocks receptor sites throughout the brain and immune system, triggering potent healing and painkilling effects.
The endocannabinoid anandamide (Ananda = bliss in Sanskrit + amide = chemical type), a naturally neurotransmitting lipid compound made by all mammals, is basically a self-manufactured “natural THC” circulating within. Anandamide and THC act through the cannabinoid receptors and have similar effects on pain, appetite, and memory.
There are two types of cannabinoid receptors in the body: CB1 receptors found primarily in the brain and central nervous system and CB2 receptors that are distributed but primarily found in the immune system. These receptors respond to cannabinoids, whether from breast milk or a cannabis plant.
Aside from the cannabinoids produced by the body and those found in cannabis, there are numerous substances that interact with the endocannabinoid system, such as cacao, black pepper, echinacea, turmeric, and even carrots.
But it is the Cannabis plant that produces the most powerful cannabinoids mimicking most closely those produced by the body. No downsides, no side effects, no drug interaction issues, and so far, no giving up your hard-earned funds to Big Pharma.
Make no mistake: I'm not referring to THC, of which Americans smoke more per person than any other people on Earth, but rather the other, non-psychoactive cannabinoid called Cannabidiol (CBD), a prominent molecular component of the cannabis plant.
While CBD does not bind to either CB1 or CB2 cannabinoid receptors directly, it does stimulate endogenous cannabinoid activity by suppressing an enzyme that breaks down anandamide.
CBD is also a counterbalance to the action of THC at the CB1 receptor, mitigating or muting the psychoactive effects of THC. Weed enthusiasts would be wise to keep some CBD on hand for when things get ... out of hand.
If just ten percent of what researchers are now saying about CBD is true, then this is a discovery with significance similar in medical impact to the discovery of antibiotics.
Myriad scientific, peer-reviewed studies in Europe have pointed to CBD as having almost unprecedented healing power over an extraordinary variety of pathologies. Even the stodgy National Cancer Institute has referenced this on their website.
Surprisingly, there is still little awareness of this outside of the medical research community. Surely an unknown plant newly found in a remote rainforest with the same medical profile would be heralded as a miraculous cure. But in the last half-century, this particular plant has been better known as an intoxicant than a medicine.
The stigma that obscures wider awareness of its beneficial nature has been carefully cultivated. For decades, Hearst newspapers bombarded Americans with images of Mexicans and African Americans led into vice and violence by the “evil weed.”
In the public mind, cannabis was transformed from an obscure ingredient in patented medicines with pharmacy sales rivaling aspirin, to an intoxicant the use of which would lead inevitably to decline and debauchery.
In a spectacular confluence of politics, racism, corporate greed and political corruption, the federal government managed to outlaw cannabis for all purposes in 1937, with medical research becoming virtually impossible in the U.S.
Now, in California and around the country, research doctors are peer-reviewing the recent explosion of clinical studies from abroad, as well as conducting their own preclinical research without humans.
Persuasive evidence abounds that CBD is effective in easing symptoms of as well as reversing a wide range of difficult-to-control conditions, including: rheumatoid arthritis, diabetes, alcoholism, PTSD, epilepsy, antibiotic-resistant infections, neurological disorders, and muscular dystrophy.
CBD has no side effects and becomes very effective as an antipsychotic when given in larger doses. With more antioxidant potency than either vitamin C or E, CBD has consistently demonstrated neuroprotective effects, and its anti-cancer potential is, by all accounts, enormous.
Sean McAllister, Ph.D., of California Pacific Medical Center, said, “CBD could spell the end of breast cancer” and claims it could render chemotherapy and radiation distant second and third options for cancer patients.
Don Abrams, M.D., at UCSF says the studies point to “a remarkable ability of CBD to arrest cancer cell division, cell migration, metastasis, and invasiveness.”
The vast impact of the endocannabinoid system on human health explains and validates anecdotal reports of cannabis used effectively for a wide range of health conditions.
Studies on the efficacy of CBD treatment are already driving the design and development of precision-targeted, single-molecule medicines. Indeed, we are hard-wired for cannabinoids.
The US government may not admit the medical efficacy of cannabis, but the global pharmaceutical industry has been researching it for many years.
Some three hundred and fifty scientists from drug company labs, including those of Merck, Pfizer, Eli Lilly, Bristol-Myers Squibb, AstraZeneca and Allergan (maker of Botox and silicone breast implants), regularly attend meetings of the International Cannabinoid Research Society.
They are all trying to develop synthetic drugs that confer some of the health benefits of cannabis without the psychoactivity. “It’s a foregone conclusion,” says Julie Holland, M.D., “that the next decade will see a new generation of Big Pharma medications based on cannabis.”
According to Martin A. Lee, author of Smoke Signals, vitamin D combined with CBD could become “the killer public health app of the post-prohibition era.”
A new CBD/THC medicine for cancer pain called Sativex from the British company, GW Pharmaceuticals, is finishing the FDA’s final approval process.
While there is no time limit on enduring prejudice, as science reveals more about how the cannabinoid system works, the stigma associated with cannabis use is expected to fade.
CBD-enriched health foods, tinctures and oils are the next revolution in food and medicine. There is currently an explosion of entrepreneurial activity and creativity around making up for lost time with CBD.
LA-based cannabis physician Allan Frankel explains that “up until this past year, it has been impossible to help patients using CBD. Cannabis growers were focused on the stoniest weed.”
Hence, CBD, which is non-psychoactive, was nearly lost. Now, more CBD-rich strains are turning up, in part because there are laboratories that can accurately assess how much of which cannabinoid is present and check for mold and pesticides.
We are still in the early stages of understanding the synergistic effects of all the cannabinoids, not to mention the terpenoids—the sticky, aromatic terpenes that give cannabis its characteristic smell.
Research, as well as results in the field, shows that the presence of some THC and other cannabinoids in smaller amounts potentiates the healing effects of CBD.
The combined effect of cannabinoids, terpenes and perhaps another two hundred molecules all working together and carefully balanced in nature is what Dr. Ethan Russo calls an “Entourage Effect.”
The burgeoning edible cannabis industry until recently was focused on making food items so radically THC-dominant that you could easily become catatonic three hours after ingestion.
Anecdotal evidence suggests that while most people enjoy these powerful treats, many people have had challenging experiences, replete with anxiety, panic, and functional psychosis.
Fortunately, for seekers of good health or for those targeting disease, there are now CBD-rich edibles that don’t make you high, such as raw organic cacao from the Green Cacao Company, multi-flavored, CBD-dominant lozenges, and other similar products delightful to the palate as well as therapeutically effective.
As the health benefits are better understood, the huge market potential of non-psychoactive CBD foods will likely be recognized. CBD-rich tinctures, such as those from Denver-based Dixie Botanicals, are available over the Internet with no medical marijuana permit required.
Before long, there will be a plethora of food products rich in CBD, essentially creating a new food sector more legitimately called “health food” than what is currently found in natural foods stores.
CBD-rich foods need not make any health claims, thus avoiding issues with the FDA. Imagine creamy CBD-enhanced peanut butter, cooking oils, cereals, and beverages.
Don't be surprised if in a few short years, you hear doctors (not just cannabis physicians) advise their patients to “exercise and get your CBD.” Obtaining enough CBD to make a medically significant difference requires edible, vapor or sublingual delivery, eliminating the health risks associated with smoking.
In this fast and fanciful look forward, one should not leave out the inevitable resurgence of large-scale cultivation and production of fiber hemp: a versatile, ecologically sustainable plant with more than 25,000 known industrial applications—from hemp clothing, cosmetics and foods (hemp seeds are a powerful source of protein) to oil-free plastics, hemp surfboards, insulation, and car panels.
Practically speaking, CBD, what Robert Louis Stevenson called “golden oil,” is but a byproduct of the non-psychoactive hemp plant. Thousands of industrial hemp farms are stripping CBD-rich leaves and stems from the desired fiber and composting them. It's reasonable to suppose that the tragedy of losing all that medical value for victims of cancer and other maladies will not be lost on those who follow us.
If the cannabis plant hasn’t done enough for us, providing wellness for the body and change for the mind, it can also help us pull the petroleum out of our economic jugular, possibly giving rise to a healthier, vegetable-based, organic life-support system for our children.
Copyright © 2013 Allan Badiner. All Rights Reserved.
[Allan Badiner is a writer, activist and editor of three books: Dharma Gaia: A Harvest of Essays in Buddhism and Ecology, Zig Zag Zen: Buddhism and Psychedelics, and Mindfulness in the Marketplace: Compassionate Responses to Consumerism. The above article originally appeared at Reality Sandwich.]
3. The Ten False Assumptions of Modern Science
Much of modern science remains stuck in an endless inward spiral of false paradigms. That’s why “scientific” medicine, for example, offers no real answers to the really big diseases: cancer, diabetes, heart disease, Alzheimer’s, and so on.
More importantly, modern medicine will never solve these problems unless it abandons its false assumptions and embraces the “higher science” beyond reductionism and materialism.
This is the message of one of the most important books of our time: Rupert Sheldrake’s Setting Science Free.
This book outlines ten pathways to discovery that promise to allow human civilization to leap forward into a new era of understanding, achievement, and harnessing the power of nature and the cosmos.
In the words of Dr. Larry Dossey, “Rupert Sheldrake may be to the twenty-first century what Charles Darwin was to the nineteenth: someone who sent science spinning in wonderfully new and fertile directions.”
The Ten False Assumptions of Modern Science
Much like myself, Sheldrake is very much "pro-science." But he is disturbed by how scientific advancement has become trapped in a cultural tar pit of delusional beliefs and false assumptions.
These false assumptions, listed below, hold science back and prevent human civilization from progressing toward a more profound understanding of nature, ourselves, and our universe.
And that’s the whole point of science in the first place: not to enrich corporations, but to deepen our understanding of the universe.
The following ten items are Sheldrake’s, but the comments for each item are my own. For the record, Sheldrake may or may not agree completely with my own explanations for each heading, but they are written in the spirit of what I believe he is saying.
False Assumption #1: The Universe Is Mechanical
Modern science believes the entire universe is made of up “stuff” and nothing else. There is no consciousness, no spirit, no mind, nothing other than mechanical and chemical stuff.
This explains modern science’s obsession with finding smaller and smaller particles at CERN. Many scientists actually believe that if the smallest pieces of a mechanical universe are finally identified and labeled (labels are really important to the materialistic worldview), the entire cosmos will finally be understood and the “delusion” of God/creator/architect can finally be dismissed.
Their goal is the ultimate pessimism: to destroy any belief in a higher intelligence and to doom humans to living pointless lives that end in their total destruction at the moment of death.
False Assumption #2: All Matter Is Unconscious
The most astonishing delusion in modern science is that most modern scientists do not believe they are, themselves, conscious beings. This is even true with Stephen Hawking.
Modern science assumes that humans are nothing more than biological robots and that animals are not conscious either. They literally believe that consciousness is an illusory artifact of the chemical brain.
Not surprisingly, they also do not believe that plants and other living systems are conscious. The idea that inanimate objects such as minerals or crystals might have some sort of consciousness is considered heresy by most modern scientists.
This denial of consciousness is only an assumption, however. There is no evidence supporting it. In fact, first-person evidence of the human experience appears to directly contradict the false assumption that humans are not conscious.
False Assumption #3: The Total Amount of Matter & Energy Is Always Constant
This assumption of modern science is especially suspicious given that even conventional cosmologists readily admit that 96% of the universe has yet to be detected at all.
That’s the “dark matter/dark energy” portion of the universe. To my knowledge, neither dark matter nor dark energy has ever been directly measured or seen by human scientists.
Except for the theoretical Big Bang, there is no phenomenon by which modern scientists believe the totality of matter and energy can come into existence or exit our universe.
This assumption is quite bizarre considering the theoretical framework of the Big Bang theory, which claims that all the known matter and energy in the entire cosmos spontaneously appeared without cause, all on its own, without any intention or reason.
The Big Bang theory and its accompanying theory of cosmological inflation are, by any definition, a weird kind of material mysticism that goes to great lengths to deny the existence of a creator, designer, or engineer.
False Assumption #4: The Laws of Nature Are Fixed
This, too, is an assumption that looks to have already unraveled thanks to the efforts of a few modern-day scientists themselves.
As a simple example, multiple physics experiments are now being conducted all over the world—and widely replicated—which show “faster than light” teleportation of information via quantum entanglement.
In theory, instantaneous quantum teleportation could take place over a billion kilometers. The distance makes no difference. Quantum teleportation ignores the apparent laws of physics, including the “cosmological speed limit” known as the speed of light.
According to classic laws of nature, such quantum teleportation is impossible. In fact, all quantum computing should be impossible. Come to think of it, transistors shouldn’t function either. But they do. And they do it by breaking the classic laws of physics.
An even stronger argument for challenging False Assumption #4 is found in multiverse theory, which states that our known cosmos is just one of an infinite number of universes, each with its own variation of the laws of physics.
Only in a small fraction of all universes is, for example, the strength of the weak nuclear force set at precisely the right number to result in the formation of stars, planets, and carbon-based life.
But because there are infinite universes, there are also infinite universes where the laws of physics exactly equal our own—and even where “mirror” human civilizations almost perfectly reflect our own.
Look up the “anthropic principle” if you’re interested in digging into this subject a little more. Or read The Goldilocks Enigma by Paul Davies.
False Assumption #5: Nature Is Purposeless, without Goal or Direction
The Darwinian framework of biological science assumes that nature achieves highly complex biological structures, social structures, mechanical engineering and behavioral cultures simply through the process of natural selection.
While natural selection is constantly taking place throughout nature, it alone is not sufficient to explain the ability of plants, animals, humans and possibly even universes to achieve remarkable end goals purely through chance and inheritance.
There appears to be a “driving creative force” behind much of what we observe in nature, including in animals and humans. This driving creative force, if you get right down to it, appears to have a connection with spirit: a nonphysical “mind” which gives consciousness to physical beings of all kinds.
What we see in the natural world—in ecosystems, plants, animals, and even humans—is not explainable through natural selection alone.
There exists intention, consciousness and a seeming desire to achieve complex goals by taking fantastic evolutionary leaps which modern science cannot explain.
As a simple example, consider that although thousands of humanoid-like fossils have been unearthed in the last two centuries, there are still no fossils that record the theoretical “missing link,” which is supposed to tie humans to primates.
Why have no such fossils been found? Almost certainly because they do not exist.
False Assumption #6: All Biological Inheritance Is Material, Carried in DNA
The idea that your DNA controls your body and life is now an ancient myth. Only in the materialistic circles of old school “science” do people still think DNA alone controls your health, behavior, and inherited attributes.
Today we know there are epigenetic factors beyond DNA which strongly influence the development of biological beings. We also know that environmental factors (i.e., exposure to chemicals, heavy metals, nutrients, etc.) strongly influence either the suppression or the activation of genes.
Vitamin D, for example, is one of the most powerful gene activators in human biology, turning on “healing genes” like microscopic light switches.
Furthermore, consciousness and free will override DNA. While you may have an inherited tendency toward a particular behavior, you can choose to override that behavior as a matter of choice.
The mind trumps mechanics, in other words, if the mind is sufficiently trained (through meditation, typically).
False Assumption #7: There Is No “Mind” except as an Artifact of Brain Function
I find it bewildering that most scientists still do not dare acknowledge the existence of the “mind”—a non-material awareness/presence/consciousness that coexists with the brain but is not derived from the mechanics and chemistry of the brain.
Comically, many scientists use their minds to attempt to disprove the existence of mind. They would like us to believe that self-awareness is an illusion or that terms like “mind” and “consciousness” are just word tricks used to talk about brain chemistry, not actual concepts that really exist.
But they have failed. To date, there is no scientific proof whatsoever that supports the odd notion that consciousness does not exist or that the mind is not present in a conscious being.
“Science” cannot disprove these things because the tools of modern-day science are materialistic by definition and therefore incapable of proving or disproving non-material phenomena. It’s like trying to measure the speed of a moving object with a thermometer.
False Assumption #8: Memories Are Stored Chemically in the Brain & Disappear at Death
Modern scientists believe that memories are stored chemically, using the brain as some sort of biological hard drive, and that if they could only find the location of the brain in which these chemicals are stored, they could literally “read your mind” like copying files from a thumb drive.
This assumption is wildly off the mark. Many are convinced that memories are holographically stored across not only brain matter itself, but also in a non-material spirit matrix of some sort which interacts with the physical brain.
This is why the physical location of memories in the brain can never be located by scientists. This is also why some people are shockingly found to be fully functional in our world even though they have virtually no brain matter.
For instance, New Scientist reported on a man who had almost no brain matter whatsoever but still possessed average IQ and functioned normally in society.
Yes, the man even had memories. If memories are “stored” somewhere in the brain, as today’s scientists falsely believe, how could this man with practically no brain have memories? How could he function at all?
False Assumption #9: Unexplained Phenomena like Telepathy Are Illusory
Modern-day “skeptics” go to great lengths to try to disprove anything that even smacks of “mentalism” or telepathy. But they can’t rationally refute the work of people like Dean Radin, author of The Conscious Universe: The Scientific Truth of Psychic Phenomena.
Radin has, over and over, scientifically shown strongly convincing evidence for low-level telepathy and other phenomena such as premonitions. Explanations for such phenomena are entirely consistent with quantum non-locality and entanglement, which Einstein called “spooky action [at a distance].”
The most likely explanation for all this is that the human brain, being a holographic, hybrid physical/non-physical computational and awareness engine, is itself “entangled” with all matter in the universe at a quantum level.
The “brainmind,” if you will, seems to be both a transmitter and receiver of quantum information that is continually and instantly rippling across the cosmos. Tuning in to that information is a lot like tuning to the correct radio station and suddenly finding the music becoming crystal clear.
“Skeptics” who attempt to refute the science of the work of people like Radin eventually end up declaring something like, “If that were true, we would already know it”: a classic example of failed circular reasoning bordering on self-congratulatory dogma.
False Assumption #10: Mechanistic Medicine Is the Only Kind that Works
Mechanistic medicine is a failed system of medicine. Most modern-day scientists do not believe that any vitamin, mineral or food has any biological effect whatsoever on the human body other than providing calories, sugars, proteins, fiber, and fat.
This wildly delusional belief is enshrined in the FDA’s regulatory framework and is practiced throughout hospitals and health clinics across the planet.
Yet it is a truly moronic belief. How can vitamin D have no effect on the human body when nearly every organ in the body has vitamin D receptors? How can minerals play no role in human health when elements like magnesium and calcium are necessary for the most fundamental chemical processes of muscle neurology?
The physical part of the human being obviously requires physical building blocks. Those building blocks are nutrients, plant-based chemicals, minerals, proteins, and water. They are not statin drugs, blood pressure meds, chemotherapy, and radiation.
The mechanistic model of medicine is an utter failure for human civilization. It has been a huge success in generating profits for drug companies and hospitals, however, which is exactly why this failed system is so desperately defended by those who profit from it.
Read Science Set Free & Learn More
I’ve only touched on some of the important concepts set forth in Science Set Free. The ideas described in this book are truly revolutionary.
They are also perfectly natural. In fact, many should be obvious to any true scientist who isn’t brainwashed by academic dogma or corporate profit agendas.
Albert Einstein is famously quoted as saying, “We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them." Yet that’s what much of modern science is trying to do.
“Let's solve the cancer problem by finding a chemical that kills cancer! Yeah, that’ll do it!”
Or: “Let’s study the tiny particles created by an atom smasher; then we’ll know the mind of God, yeah!”
But these approaches will never succeed in answering the really big questions because they are rooted in 19th-century assumptions which we now know to be false.
There is more to our universe than materialism. There is more to human consciousness than brain chemistry. There is more to biology than genetics and natural selection.
How obvious does it have to get, folks?
THERE IS MORE TO DISCOVER if we only set ourselves free from the mental shackles of dogmatic, permanently pessimistic “science” as practiced today in our westernized, materialistic culture.
Join me in spreading the word about Rupert Sheldrake. This man is a true scientist taking part in the consciousness revolution which I believe to be a necessary step to the true uplifting of human civilization.
Copyright © 2013 Mike Adams. All Rights Reserved.
[Mike Adams is a natural health author and award-winning journalist with a strong interest in personal health, the environment, and the power of nature to heal. He has authored more than 1,900 articles and dozens of reports, guides and interviews on natural health topics, impacting the lives of millions of readers around the world who are experiencing phenomenal health benefits from reading his articles. Check out his popular website, Natural News, at www.NaturalNews.com.]
4. Become a Quantum Activist
Quantum activism is about changing ourselves and creating a better world in accordance with the new paradigm articulated by quantum physics: consciousness creates reality.
The goal of a quantum activists is to express good, beauty, truth, justice and love in their life and to intend those qualities for all of humanity. In doing so, the quantum activist will help transform the world.
This article is based on the teachings of Amit Goswami, Ph.D., a professor emeritus of theoretical physics and author of Quantum Mechanics, “a highly successful textbook used in universities throughout the world.”
In addition, he is the author of numerous books that bridge science and spirituality, including The Self-aware Universe, Physics of the Soul, Quantum Creativity, The Quantum Doctor, and God Is Not Dead.
All of the quotes below are from either Dr. Goswami’s latest book, How Quantum Activism Can Save Civilization, or the www.quantumactivist.com website for the award-winning documentary starring Goswami called The Quantum Activist.
There is enough here to give you a taste. For a complete understanding, I highly recommend that you read the book and watch the documentary, which is available on Netflix.
Quantum Activism Quotes
“We have problems galore in our society and culture. All of these problems can be traced to the conflict between spirituality and materiality. The good news is that the worldview conflict between spirituality and materialist science has been resolved in favor of an inclusive world-view based on the primacy of consciousness and quantum physics. It took quantum physics for us to discover spirituality within science. We must use quantum physics’ guidance to restore spirituality and unity to our society.”
“We have created the problems of our world; we have to recreate the world of solutions … Conventional activism separates us (those doing right) [from] them (those doing wrong). Quantum physics says that all is movement of consciousness; we are the world. There is no us versus them. There is only movement toward consciousness or away from consciousness.”
“Quantum activism focuses both on individual and collective change. Today our activists perpetuate the separateness that creates the problems we want resolved. We ‘battle’ the perpetrators of the problems, negativity with negativity. Quantum activism will succeed where other activist movements failed because they are founded on separateness.”
“Start with yourself. Only if you change can the world change. We are just taking it a little bit further. Not only do you start with yourself, but always remember others.”
“We need to change first. We need to be inclined towards positive. If our own hearts are open and we approach things with love, then other people will pick it up.”
“Even if only a small fraction of us become inspired to change, the change will come for all.”
“Quantum physics is the physics of possibilities; possibilities proliferate when we sit quietly in the ‘be’ mode, doing nothing. Occasionally, we choose from among the possibilities precipitating an action, a ‘do’ mode.”
“If some of us could practice do good, be good, practice do-be-do-be-do regularly, be with God some of the time, and be in the ego some of the time, and let the dance generate creative acts of transformation, then I think we will hit a certain threshold and will be able to achieve very quickly the power of downward causation in unprecedented numbers. This is a threshold that will carry us towards making that fundamental step so that these changes will take hold in all of humanity, not just a few of us.”
“The goal of the quantum activist is to explore quantum possibilities and manifest these archetypes—Good, Beauty, Truth, Justice, and Love—in his or her life as intimately and as expressly as one can, and in doing so to help transform the world. The means a quantum activist uses to achieve this goal are threefold—right thinking, right living, and right livelihood.”
“Right thinking consists of understanding the paradigm shift from a user’s point of view and helping others in our environment to do so. Right living consists of walking the talk, manifesting our understanding in how we live, and becoming guiding examples for the inspiration of others. As such it takes a lot of quantum leaps, openness to being in the nonlocality of God consciousness which informs the doing of the ego’s [daily] activities, and the desire to change hierarchical relationships into tangled ones. Right livelihood consists of earning our living in a way that is congruent with our modes of thinking and living and helping our entire society to achieve this congruence.”
“Our challenge is to go beyond ego to higher nonlocal consciousness and access creativity and transformation.”
“The Secret behind the Secret is that we must choose creatively in synchrony with quantum consciousness to manifest our intentions.”
Right Thinking & Right Living
Right thinking is having a worldview that is based on the primacy of consciousness as the ground of all being. Quantum physics tells us that everything is based on the movement of consciousness.
Right living is to be empowered by right thinking. An important component of right living is what Goswami calls do-be-do-be-do.
We have to relax within our activity instead of constantly focusing on doing: do, do, do. Instead, we also focus on being.
When we focus on being, quantum possibilities proliferate. If you have more possibilities from which to choose, then your chance of choosing a creative solution is greater.
By combining doing and being in our pattern of living, we become more creative. We become more spiritual. We make more room for quantum leaps in consciousness. That is right living.
In the words of James Allen, “Our life is what our thoughts make it. A man will find that as he alters his thoughts toward things and other people, things and other people will alter towards him.”
Start with Yourself
If you want peace in the world, then be at peace with everyone in your life and everyone that you encounter—all of your family, coworkers, ex-spouses, even perceived enemies and people who have harmed you.
If you want clean water and clear skies, then do everything you can to protect the environment and keep your own living environment clean.
Look at the glass as half full. Be optimistic. Choose to be happy.
If you find yourself slipping into negative thoughts or a dark mood, catch yourself and say: I choose to feel good now. Or, I choose to be happy now.
Think of something that puts a smile on your face. Whistle. Sing a song.
Live your light. The more you shine your light, the more you will illuminate the way for others to see their own divine nature. The best way is to love and believe in yourself.
There’s not anything that you need to go out and do. It’s about the state of being that you hold as you go through life and move through the world. It’s really very simple.
As Mahatma Gandhi said, “Be the change you want to see in the world.”
There Is No “Us” versus “Them”
Our collective consciousness has created the problems of our world. You cannot solve the problems by fighting against anyone or anything.
Avoid judging others as being wrong. Never focus on what you don’t want. Simply send out heartfelt intentions of what you do want.
Remember, there is only movement toward consciousness or away from consciousness.
To quote Einstein, “You cannot solve a problem from the same consciousness that created it. You must learn to see the world anew.”
“We are all connected to everyone and everything in the universe,” according to Serge Kahili. “Therefore, everything one does as an individual affects the whole. All thoughts, words, images, prayers, blessings, and deeds are listened to by all that is.”
Always Remember Others
We are all connected. When you hurt someone else (physically or emotionally), or hold grudges, you are hurting yourself.
Forgive others. Rather than looking for faults in others, look for the good in them. Be kind and compassionate.
Also, be sure to include others in your heartfelt intentions.
In the words of Simion, “If you can stop for a moment and just give your awareness to elevating your consciousness and elevating the light within each individual as a unified whole collective, a unified oneness … If you can imagine the oneness of the universe filled with light, you can heal the world that you live in, heal your planet, and heal those that are under distress right now with tragedies that are happening in the world.”
“A few of us will start this. I invite you to become a quantum activist with this resolution in mind: we can change ourselves and we can change the world simultaneously.” —Dr. Amit Goswami
Copyright © 2013 Ross Pittman. All Rights Reserved.
[Ross Pittman is Editor of www.ConsciousLifeNews.com, where this article originally appeared.]
Subscriptions. Simply fill out our convenient subscription form. You will receive links to our current and future issues free via email, and you can opt out at any time. If you have a spam filter, please add
to your white-list.
Mission. DNA Monthly seeks to empower readers with vital information relative to their genetic endowment: DNA. This information may range from generalized articles on DNA to news releases on breakthrough genetic research to educational materials devoted to specific DNA activation techniques and concepts. DNA Monthly is also committed to sharing articles and videos that promote healing, transformation, and awakening.
Disclaimer. The inclusion of articles, videos and other content in DNA Monthly does not necessarily denote or imply endorsement of such materials by the editors. The editors assume no responsibility, legal, medical or otherwise, for the information published as a free information service in their ezine. Articles, videos and other content appearing in DNA Monthly are not intended to provide medical claims, diagnoses, advice, or treatment.
DNA Monthly is sponsored by the Phoenix Center for Regenetics, facilitating conscious personal mastery as a bio-spiritual healing path through integrated DNA activation. For information on our unique products and services, visit www.phoenixregenetics.org.
Save with Bitcoin
* Items with tuning forks not included.